Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Days 2 & 3

Spent yesterday driving through Tennessee and Kentucky to get to Missouri.  

I had forgotten about the roads in Tennessee - winding up through the mountains with blasted rock on both sides (see pic)

When I got to Kentucky the rolling hills and horses reminded me that I'd like to spend some real time there!  

Spent the night in Missouri and then took off for my next stop here in Kansas.  Something interesting about Missouri roads - they are all letters of the alphabet; it went all the way from A - Z and the AA - ZZ.  I never did figure it out - maybe the single letters are North/South and the others East/West?  As usual, there was plenty of road construction to get through.  I saw a  nominee for the dumbest warning sign ever - "Water on Road when Raining" (yes it was an actual DOT sign!)

Of course everything here in Kansas is about the Wizard of Oz.  I'm settled in at the campground for the night and gladly have time to organize things a little better.  The more time I spend in the van, the more I can refine it.  One thing, I definitely brought too much "stuff" with me!  

Definitely looking forward to getting to Colorado and some cooler weather.  Its been unseasonably hot so far (99 degrees yesterday afternoon; miserable in Missouri) - at least there's a breeze here in Kansas.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment