Spent 4 1/2 days with Ethan at Rocky Mountain National Park and the town of Estes Park. It was great getting to spend time with him and he was a tremendous help since I definitely had to use my portable oxygen for the whole time!
The first day we drove Old Fall River Road in RMNP and it was awesome - totally exceeded expectations. The scenery was spectacular and the audio guide I had purchased for the trip was really helpful - got lots of entertaining information. We also drove Trail Ridge Road & got to see the Continental Divide. We managed to see 2-3 moose, but couldn't get a good pic since they were hiding among the trees.
The following day we drove the Bear Lake Route and got to see out 1st herd of elk in the "wild". I say in the wild because there were elk in the mornings and evenings to greet us around our 1st floor room at the hotel. It was great to wake up to the elk calling to each other and stepping out the door to watch them.
Of course we spent a day checking out the town of Estes Park - lots of shops to check out (with pretty high prices). We definitely managed to find some goodies and the necessary taffy, etc. while there!
After dropping Ethan off back at home I headed off for the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. It was cool when I woke up at my campsite, there were donkeys right outside the door of my van! At the national park, I finally managed to see some bighorn sheep (rams)!
Here are some of the highlights:
| Rainy morning on Fall River Road |
| Bull Elk in our "front yard" |
| All the "girls" and babies in our front yard |
No comments:
Post a Comment